I am thrilled to host author Leigh Carron today to celebrate the launch of FAT GIRL, her debut novel and the first of the Perfectly Imperfect series. I was fortunate enough to beta read this passionate and gripping story and I’m eager to readers to get into Dee and Mick’s story.
About FAT GIRL: Years after fleeing small-town Springvale, Illinois, Deanna Chase has picked up the pieces of her shattered heart and built a new life for herself as a child advocacy lawyer. Her food addiction is quasi under control, her secrets are buried, and she has even made a tenuous peace with her plus-size body. Until…
Micah Peters—the very sexy and now famous man she fled— walks through her office door and sends Dee reeling. His demand that she help a young boy caught in a custody battle will reunite her with the past she left behind. Torn between duty and self-preservation, Dee isn’t easy to convince.
But when obligation wins, the former lovers get more than they bargained for—a searing passion that burns hotter than ever and startling revelations about whatreally happened the fateful night she left.
Will the truth set Dee free to love again? Or will past hurts and lingering insecurities destine her to walk away from her heart again, this time for good?
FAT GIRL is the first book in this provocative two-part series about love and self-
Buy the ebook! Amazon US | Amazon CA | Smashwords
The wonderful Jen McConnel tagged me in this blog hop; here’s her writing process post. As for me…
1) What am I working on? I’m plotting two projects at the moment: the third and final instalment of the What Kills Me series and a stand-alone psychological thriller set in a high school.
2) How does my work differ from others of its genre? Readers have told me that the What Kills Me series breathes fresh life (so to speak) into the vampire genre. I didn’t try to make it unique. I wanted to write a superhero’s journey, an adventure novel about a normal girl thrown into the most extraordinary circumstances.
3) Why do I write what I do? I was obsessed with supernatural and horror novels when I was a teenager. I used to wait months for new releases of Christopher Pike books, devour them in a few hours and be upset that I had to wait for the next. I figured that when I grew up, I could torture teenagers the same way.
4) How does my writing process work? For What Kills Me, I imagined key scenes throughout the story. A girl crawling out of a well covered in blood. A fight scene in a Taipei alley. A spectacular and shocking conclusion. I see my books very cinematically; I have moments that I see very clearly in my mind.
Plotting allows me to plan for twists. It allows me to see where I can put in red herrings, moments of irony, and foreshadowing. Plus, What Kills Me is the first of a series. Since I’ve plotted parts of Part Three, I know what bread crumbs to leave in Part One to lead up.
Welcome to the cover reveal for Flawed: Outsider (book number two in the Flawed series) by Becca J. Campbell! This gorgeous cover art was designed by the talented Steven Novak.
Is He Only Normal?
After a psychopath tried to kill his friends, Josh Schuyler figured ‘normal’ was far off. The real problem: Josh’s friends have all acquired supernatural abilities, while he’s still the same average guy.
Josh has always believed he was destined for greatness, but he’s been out of college for two years without a clue of his purpose. After watching his friends and siblings develop superhuman traits, he wonders if he might be meant for something grand, too. Can Josh even hope for an extraordinary event in his own future? And how long must he wait for this transformation – if there is one?
When Alex met the Schuylers, she was grateful for new friends to whisk her away from her lonely life in California and give her an escape from her divorced, bickering parents and aimless future. But Josh won’t drop his defenses, and Alex isn’t sure she wants to trade her old life for this new, uncertain one.
Nicodemus has an amazing ability he’s been milking for years to get whatever or whomever he wants. Things are going great until a young woman – Alex – inadvertently busts his latest swindle. Nic is furious when he discovers his power has been disabled, and he vows to find her in order to wreak his vengeance. She will be punished. All he needs is a little help from his friend, Ethan Black.
Josh has been waiting for his big break, or for the chance to be a hero, or just the opportunity to stand out in his own, extraordinary way.
Will Josh discover his purpose in time to stop Nic? Continue reading
It’s 2014 and we’re celebrating with an awesome fantasy themed calendar.
Each month will feature a different book or series, so if you want to challenge yourself, try reading each book or series that is featured before each month is over. The series for May is The Age of Alandria Series by Morgan Wylie! This month also marks the one year book birthday for Silent Orchids, the first book in the series. Morgan is also giving away a $20 Amazon Gift Card, so don’t forget to enter the Rafflecopter at the bottom of the post!
Introducing Laura Howard’s new adult paranormal romance, Stone of Destiny (The Danaan Trilogy Book 2).
Allison thought it was crazy enough when she found out her father, Liam, wasn’t entirely human. But now she has to join his magical allies to unravel his former mistress’s plans. Aoife wants to keep Allison’s parents apart forever.
Despite Allison’s efforts to keep Ethan, the only guy she’s ever cared about, out of this supernatural mess, fate keeps throwing him back into the mix.
Will Allison be able to find the amulet that holds the enchantment Aoife placed on Liam and destroy it? Are Ethan’s feelings for Allison strong enough to endure the magic of the Tuatha De Danaan?
Get the book at: B&N and Amazon
People often ask me what I listen to when I write. I listen to all sorts of things, including park noises, ocean waves, action movie scores. I often write in coffee shops so the soundtrack drowns out the outside noise and gets me in the mood.
So, in honour of the What Kills Me series, I’ve put together a butt-kicking, bone-crushing, deception-facing soundtrack that might put you in the right mood to follow Zee’s adventure.
Which is your favourite track? Also, if you have any suggestions to add to the playlist, let me know!
Listen at: Grooveshark.com/playlist/What+Kills+Me+Series/96777991.
Very excited to announce that Fractured Truth, the final novel in Rachel McClellan’s paranormal,YA Fractured Light trilogy, has just been released! Follow the blog tour to find out more about Fractured Truth and enter for a chance to a signed copy or a $25 Amazon gift card!
I asked Rachel three important questions about the conclusion to her series.
1. What is the hardest thing about writing a trilogy?
There are a couple of things that make writing a trilogy difficult. The first is keeping everything straight. You really have to pay attention to what you wrote in the first book and make sure it’s consistent through all of them. It can also be difficult to make sure each novel is exciting and full of tension, yet isn’t repeating the same conflicts. You have to think of new, realistic scenarios to put your character through and still have these events driving the plot forward.
2. Of all three books, which is your favorite?
Can I have two favorites? I loved Fractured Soul because it showed Llona fighting her dark side. I like books that explore man’s dual nature and how the two are in constant battle with each other. However, I loved Fractured Soul because this is where Llona really discovers who she is and the power she has inside her. I also like the romance in this book more than any of the others.
3. What’s next?
Before the year is up, I will have another book released. It’s a paranormal young adult titled UNLEASHED. It’s much darker than the Fractured Light series and focuses on man’s dual nature. Basically it’s a YA version of Jekyl and Hyde. After that I plan to release a dystopian YA called THE ORIGINAL, which is currently in the editing phases.
A big thank you to everyone who participated in the I Am Forever blog tour which wraps up in a few days. If you missed a stop, you can check out the hosts here or below. There were posts about undead fashion and undead architecture. There were great reviews and fun interviews.
This is your last chance to enter our international giveaway for goodies, including a stunning pink ballpoint pen filled with hundreds of crystals!Good luck!
I Am Forever Tour schedule:
- March 17th | Vaempires (Review, Author Interview)
- March 18th | Proserpine Craving Books (Review, Excerpt)
- March 19th | Emma’s Ramblings on Supernatural Fiction (Review)
- March 20th | Sapphyria’s Book Reviews (Excerpt)
- March 21st | Nicky Peacock Author (Author Interview)
- March 24th | Unputdownable Books (Excerpt)
- March 25th | Happy Tails and Tales (Review, Guest Post, Excerpt)
- March 26th | The Bawdy Book Blog (Guest Post, Excerpt)
- March 27th | What the Cat Read (Excerpt)
- March 28th | Justified Lunacy (Guest Post)
- March 31st | Mind Reader (Guest Post)
- April 1st | Nomi’s Paranormal Palace (Review)
- April 2nd | What’s Beyond Forks? (Guest Post, Excerpt)
- April 3rd | The Avid Reader (Author Interview, Excerpt)
- April 4th | Lusty Penguin Reviews (Guest Post, Excerpt)
- April 7th | Darkest Sins (Excerpt)
- April 8th | Ash Krafton’s Demimonde (Guest Post)
- April 9th | Shah Wharton’s WordsinSync (Review, Guest Post)
- April 10th | Tana Rae Reads (Guest Post, Excerpt)
- April 11th | Mean Who You Are (Review, Guest Post)
A version of this post appeared on Jennifer’s amazing site, The Bawdy Book Blog. Entitled, Die-Hard Fashion: Style in Wynne Channing’s I Am Forever, I talked about how I wanted the clothing to be part of the story; I wanted it to reflect the emotions of the characters or their evolution. I’ve been pinning images via Pinterest to create a style storyboard. Here are a number of images that I pinned and how they inspired the wardrobe in Book Two. Continue reading
Tens of thousands of readers have gone on the adventure and I’m happy to say that What Kills Me is a three-book series. I’m plotting book three right now.
In What Kills Me, Book #1, Zee falls into a well filled with blood and emerges a vampire. She finds herself hunted, accused of being the legendary destroyer of the immortal race.
Book two, I Am Forever, continues her adventure and her evolution as the most powerful creature in the world. Two vampire factions are at war and Axelia is caught in the middle, with both sides trying to use her for their own gain.
In book three, the final installment in the series, Axelia comes face-to-face with a terrifying threat to both humanity and the vampire race. Everything that she will have been through prepares her for this ultimate battle.
I know you have a lot of questions:
- What happens to Zee’s family?
- What was up with her nightmares? And those red eyes?
- Is there more to the ancient legends?
- What are the rebels really after?
To find out, you’ll have to stay tuned! Thanks for the great support and keep those wonderful reviews coming (they’re awesome motivation)!